From now on the GA-Net e-newsletter and the associated GA-Net Updates (blog) https://gaupdate.wordpress.com/ will operate exclusively under The Creative Peace License (CPL). All content is subject to the CPL. The CPL will apply retroactively to the future use of all entries of GA-Net/GA-Net Updates (blog) https://gaupdate.wordpress.com/. By reading an entry of GA-Net/GA-Net Updates (blog) https://gaupdate.wordpress.com/ you agree to fully comply with the CPL. For your convenience the CPL is reproduced below.
Hiroshima, 14 Dec. 2011,
(GA-Net Updates (blog) editor and GA-Net editor)
The Creative Peace License (v0.5, 06 Feb. 2017)
1) The study and application of this research is only permitted for peaceful, non-offensive and non-criminal purposes. This permission includes passive defensive technologies, like missile defense shields.
2) Any form of study, use and application of research, which is licensed under the Creative Peace License, for military purposes, with the explicit or implicit intent to create or contribute to military offensive technologies is strictly prohibited.
3) Civil technologies that pose excessive risks to human life are also excluded from this license. Excluded are embryonic killing technologies, as well as technologies applied in euthanasia.
4) Use for surveillance, surveillance of communications, their interception and collection of personal data, including mass surveillance, interception and collection, which infringes the right to privacy under international human rights law and national regulations that comply with international human rights law, is strictly prohibited.
5) Under this license it is prohibited to use this research for creating chimeras, i.e. embryos, who are part human, part animal. For example as part of gene editing techniques applied to replace animal genes in animal embryos by human genes (for example from human induced pluripotent stem cells).
6) Individuals, groups, teams, public and private entities engaging in any form in the study, use and application of research licensed under the Creative Peace License, thereby agree in a legally binding sense to strictly adhere to the terms of the Creative Peace License.
Dr. Eckhard S. M. Hitzer, 14 December 2011, Hiroshima, Japan. 30 August 2013, Osaka, Japan. 30 May 2014, 15 July 2015, 06 Feb. 2017, Tokyo, Japan.
J. D. Bernal:
“The millions who had suffered in the last War are aware that to a large extent their sufferings were directly due to scientific developments, and that science, far from having brought benefits to mankind, is in fact proving its worst enemy. The value of science itself has been put in question, and at last scientists have been forced to take notice of the outcry.”
(From: J.D. Bernal, F.R.S., The Social Function of Science, G. Routledge & Sons Ltd., Jan. 1939, quoted in IUCr Newsletter, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 12+13 (2015).)