The 7th Conference on Applied Geometric Algebras in Computer Science and Engineering (AGACSE 2018) will take place in Campinas (Brazil), from 23rd to 27th July 2018 at the University of Campinas (IMECC – UNICAMP).
The AGACSE 2018 has three main goals:
- To promote the development of the geometric algebra and geometric calculus.
- To spread geometric algebra technologies within industry and business by showing a range of applications (robotics, image processing, computer vision, flight navigation, molecular geometry, etc.).
- To make progress on the inclusion of geometric algebra ideas into the mathematics, physics, computer science and engineering curricula.
Proposed contributions should be abstracts or extended abstracts with a maximum of 10 pages. They have to be submitted by sending a pdf file to email@example.com before April 30th, 2018, prepared with this latex proposal template. If the proposal is only for a poster, it should be declared so explicitly in the submission message. The proposals will be refereed and those that are accepted will be published in the Conference Early Proceedings (provided at least one author has registered). The Early Proceedings will also include the abstracts of the plenary lectures.
The 21 half-an-hour slots for oral presentations (see the Program) will be selected by the Scientific Committee (SC) from among the accepted proposals, which will be acknowledged not later than June 24th, 2018. The SC will also select, from among the accepted talks, the winner of the 2nd Edition of the Hestenes’ Prize. The Prize, together with the schedule of the corresponding “Hestenes lecture” will be announced at the Opening Ceremony. It will be awarded to the best work submitted by a young researcher (under 35 years old).
Proposals that are not selected for an oral presentation will be encouraged to prepare a poster for the Poster Session (see the Program). During the Poster Presentation, there will be a pole involving all participants to award the first Edition of the “Waldyr Rodrigues Jr. Prize to the best poster”. The pole will be evaluated by giving equal weights to the answers of the SC and to those of the rest of participants.
- April 30th, 2018: Submission of proposals.
- May 31st, 2018: Early-bird pre-registration.
- June 24th, 2018: Communication of selected oral presentations.
The Post-Proceedings of the Conference will be published in a special issue of the journal Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras (AACA).
All the participants will be allowed to present paper and the selection and refereeing will be carried out by following the AACA procedures.
Source: Website of AGACSE 2018, https://www.ime.unicamp.br/~agacse2018/, as of 24th April 2018.