“EMPOWERING NOVEL GEOMETRIC ALGEBRA FOR GRAPHICS & ENGINEERING WORKSHOP”
Call for papers
Since ACM SIGGRAPH2001 and 2003 conferences, there has been limited attention on the benefits of employing W. K. Clifford’s geometric algebras (GA) in solving computer graphics and vision problems.
In the meantime, the geometric algebra community focused on GA applications and greatly advanced it as an adequate and viable computing technology. The CGI’16 “Geometric Algebra in Computer Science and Engineering Workshop” and CGI’2017 “Empowering Novel Geometric Algebra for Graphics & Engineering” began to bridge that gap.
Under the auspices of CGI’18, ENGAGE (Empowering Novel Geometric Algebra for Graphics & Engineering) on Tuesday, 11th June 2018 (date has been corrected!) on Bintan Island, Indonesia, will again engage in a novel multi-disciplinary approach from mathematics, to computer graphics, computer vision and general computer science fields where GA has strong potential to provide novel answers to existing mathematical problems.
GA is in a particularly well suited position to allow cross-disciplinary solutions in software engineering as it provides an intuitive and insightful common denominator across mathematical disciplines that have often advanced and specialized for specific application purposes; the use and knowledge of GA encourages us to overcome distinct, seemingly incompatible paths by providing a shareable mathematical base again. For example, we expect geometric algebra based contributions to GIS research, data modelling & data structures, adaptive & parallel computing, remote sensing data analysis, UAV target location and other domains.
Accepted full length ENGAGE papers will be published in the Topical Collection “Geometric Algebra for Computing, Graphics and Engineering” of the journal Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras (AACA), published by Springer, and have to be orally presented at the conference. See also the “Instruction for Authors” at AACA. Online paper submission at https://www.editorialmanager.com/aaca/ is already open. At the time of submission, authors must indicate the Topical Collection “Geometric Algebra for Computing, Graphics and Engineering”.
All authors of accepted short ENGAGE papers will be invited either to an oral presentation or to a poster presentation. The accepted CGI’18 ENGAGE short papers will be published by the ACM Digital Library within its International Conference Proceedings Series. For author instructions please refer to CGI’s “For Authors” section.
After the workshop, extended versions of the highest ranked short papers of the workshop proceedings will be invited for publication in Topical Collection “Geometric Algebra for Computing, Graphics and Engineering” of the journal Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras (AACA), published by Springer.
We invite original contributors in the form of full and short papers, that advance the state-of-the-art of the application of geometric algebra as well as of its computing technology in topics related, but not limited to:
- GA for object description, deformations, registration, manipulation, interaction, camera system, visibility
- Feature Detection & Data Analysis
- LIDAR and Point Cloud Algorithms
- Data Models & Software Interoperability
- Scientific & Information Visualization
- Computer graphics rendering
- Computer animation
- Holographic optics & Holographic maps
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Application of Clifford analysis to lighting schemes
- Application of Clifford Fourier transforms and Clifford wavelets to 2D and 3D images, including color images
- Higher dimensional geometric algebras
- GA Computing
- GA integrations in programming languages
- GA hardware implementations
- Geographic Information Systems
- Building Information Modeling & Management
- Soundscape & Electromagnetic landscape Modelling
- Other engineering/applied science applications using GA, like robotics applications, graph computing etc.
Full papers: (10-15 pages, Latex using birkjour.cls)
- Abstract submission (ca. 200 words): Feb. 6th 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper submission: Feb. 6th 2018
- Paper notification: Mar. 10th 2018
- Camera ready papers due: Mar. 31st 2018
See “Instruction for Authors” at AACA. At the time of submission, authors must indicate the Topical Collection “Geometric Algebra for Computing, Graphics and Engineering”.
Short papers: (same as the CGI’18 short papers, 4-6 pages length, ACM DL format)
- Short Paper submission: Mar. 20th 2018
- Short Paper notification: Apr. 20th 2018
- Camera ready papers due: May 04th 2018
For further information, please turn directly to the ENGAGE Workshop organizers:
Source: CGI 2018 homepage, http://www.cgs-network.org/cgi18/#callforpapers , 29 Nov. 2018