The conference Waves in Science and Engineering 2016 will be held on August 22-26 (arrival date: August 21, departure date: August 27) at the Queretaro campus of the Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the National Polytechnic Institute (in Spanish: Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politécnico Nacional or simply CINVESTAV http://qro.cinvestav.mx/). It is intended to bring together experts from different fields in the general area of classical wave theory, analysis, differential equations and applications, including acoustic, electromagnetic, and elastic wave propagation. The mathematical and numerical modeling procedures in these fields contribute to a considerable number of applied physical and engineering problems, over a large range of length scales.
Among these are problems in sonar, radar, medical imaging, detection, materials, and wave interactions with surfaces and obstacles.
The conference will cover many of the current mathematical and numerical techniques that are applied across disciplines. Mathematicians, physicists, and engineers of varying backgrounds and occupations will present recent developments in wave phenomena in science and engineering.
Deadline for Registration June 20, 2016
Deadline for Abstract Submission June 20, 2016
Deadline for Acceptance Notification June 25, 2016
Deadline for the Registration Fee Payment July 31, 2016
- Sergei Avdonin, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, USA
2. Swanhild Bernstein, Freiberg Bergakademie, Germany
3. Gennadiy Burlak, Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Morelos
4. Andrés Fraguela, Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, Mexico
5. Uwe Kähler, Universidad de Aveiro, Portugal
6. Karima Khusnutdinova, Loughborough University, UK
7. Vladislav Kravchenko, CINVESTAV del IPN, Mexico
8. Alexander Kudrin, University of Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
9. Juliette Leblond, INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France
10 .Alexander Nosich, Institute of Radiophysics and Electronics, Ukraine
11. R. Michael Porter, CINVESTAV del IPN, Mexico
12. Vladimir Rabinovich, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Mexico
13. Stephen Shipman, Louisiana State University, USA
14. Ioannis Stratis, University of Athens, Greece
15. Sergii Torba, CINVESTAV del IPN, Mexico
Registration fee, including coffee breaks, lunches, conference banquet, excursion and transportation between the Conference Hotels (Mision and Four Points, hotel accomodation is not included) and the Cinvestav is according to the following table.
|Registration fee||Professor / Ph.D||Student*|
|By 30 June 2016:||USD240||USD144*|
|1 July to 31 July 2016:||USD300||USD180*|
|Participants from Mexico|
|By 30 June 2016:||MXN 4000||MXN 2400*|
|1 July to 31 July 2016:||MXN 5000||MXN 3000*|
*For student rates, a scanned copy of an official document proving enrollment must be sent to the conference organizers.
Due to official regulations, no registration will be charged to faculty or students of the CINVESTAV.
A receipt for payment made through this page will be signed by the organizing committee and delivered to the participant during the Congress. Mexican participants requiring official fiscal documents (factura electrónica) must send us an email with all required data (RFC etc.) and will receive the electronic files by email within 30 days after payment. If you need some special kind of receipt, please contact us by email.