Happy New Year 2016!
We want to bring the invitation to the GACSE Workshop at the end of June in Crete again to your attention. In the meantime the online submission page at AACA for full length papers has opened since 1st of January. Please check the submission instructions below. If you should have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We apologize for possible double postings of this message.
With kind regards,
Eckhard and Dietmar
“Geometric Algebra in Computer Science and Engineering Workshop“ – Call for Papers
Since ACM SIGGRAPH2001 and 2003 conferences, there has been limited attention on the benefits of employing geometric algebra (GA) in solving computer graphics and vision problems. In the meantime, the geometric algebra community focused on GA applications and advanced it as an adequate and viable computing technology. The CGI’16 “Geometric Algebra in Computer Science and Engineering Workshop“ on Tuesday, June 28th 2016 aims to bridge that gap. Under the auspices of CGI’16, GACSE engages in a novel multi-disciplinary approach from mathematics, to computer graphics, computer vision and general computer science fields where GA could provide novel answers to existing mathematical problems. Moreover, there will be a related summer school on Monday, 27th of June 2016 including some introductory geometric algebra lectures.
We invite original contributors in the form of full and short papers, that advance the state-of-the-art of the application of geometric algebra as well as of its computing technology in topics related, but not limited to:
- Full application of the conformal model to object description, modeling, deformations, registration, manipulation, interaction, tracking, camera systems
- Computer graphics rendering
- Computer animation and simulation
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Application of Clifford analysis to lighting schemes,
- Application of Clifford Fourier transforms and Clifford wavelets to 2D and 3D images, including color images
- Higher dimensional geometric algebras
- GA integration in programming languages
- GA hardware implementations
- Other engineering/applied science applications using GA
Accepted full length GACSE papers will be published with Springer Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras journal (AACA) and will be orally presented at the conference. See also the “Instructions for Authors” at AACA. Online submission will become available from 01 January 2016 at https://www.editorialmanager.com/aaca/ . At the time of submission in the menu “Choose article type” the option “S. I. : Geometric Algebra in Computer Science and Engineering” has to be selected!
All the authors of accepted short GACSE papers will be invited either to an oral presentation or to a poster presentation. The accepted CGI’16 GACSE short papers will be published by the ACM Digital Library within its International Conference Proceedings Series. For author instructions please refer here.
After the workshop, extended versions of the highest ranked short papers of the workshop proceedings will be invited for publication by the Springer Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras journal.
Full Papers: (10-15 pages, use attached AACA latex style file birkjour.cls)
- Abstract submission (ca. 200 words): Feb. 7th 2016 to email@example.com
- Paper submission: Feb. 14th 2016
- Paper notification: Mar. 25th 2016
- Camera ready papers due: Apr. 8th 2016
Short Papers: (same as the CGI’16 short papers, 4-6 pages length, ACM DL format)
- Short Paper submission: Apr. 24th 2016
- Short Paper notification: May 13th 2016
- Camera ready papers due: May 22th 2016
For further information, please turn directly to the GACSE Workshop organizers: