Geometric Algebra in Computer Science and Engineering Workshop (GACSE Workshop)
at THE 33rd ANNUAL CONFERENCE Computer Graphics International 2016 (CGI’16)
28th June 2016, in Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Note: CGI 2016 lasts from 28th June – 1st July 2016.
Call for Papers
Since ACM SIGGRAPH2001 and 2003 conferences, there has been limited attention on the benefits of employing geometric algebra (GA) in solving computer graphics and vision problems. In the meantime, the geometric algebra community focused on GA applications and advanced it as an adequate and viable computing technology. The “Geometric Algebra in Computer Science and Engineering Workshop“ on June 28th 2016 aims to bridge that gap since 2003 and under the auspices of CGI’16 engages in a novel multi-disciplinary approach from mathematics, to computer graphics, computer vision and general computer science fields where GA could provide novel answers to existing mathematical problems.
We invite original contributors that advance the state-of-the-art of the application of geometric algebra as well as of its computing technology in topics related, but not limited to:
- Full application of the conformal model to object description, modeling, deformations, registration, manipulation, interaction, tracking, camera systems
- Computer graphics rendering
- Computer animation and simulation
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Application of Clifford analysis to lighting schemes
- Application of Clifford Fourier transforms and Clifford wavelets to 2D and 3D images, including color images
- Higher dimensional geometric algebras
- GA integrations in programming languages
- GA hardware implementations
- other engineering/applied science applications using GA
All the authors of accepted workshop papers will be invited either to an oral presentation or to a poster presentation. Extended versions of the papers of the workshop proceedings will be invited for publication by the Springer Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras journal.
- Abstract submission: Feb. 08th 2016
- Workshop Paper submission: Feb. 14th 2016
- Workshop Paper notification: Mar. 25th 2016
- Camera ready papers due: Apr. 8th 2016
For more information please visit: http://www.ics.forth.gr/CGI2016/?page_id=186
Source: Call for Papers of 2015/11/03 23:01, composed by D. Hildenbrand, E. Hitzer, G. Papagiannakis