The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill the following full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF)
in the area of Mathematics
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Clifford analysis, on the project entitled “Special functions in several vector variables”. This project focuses on studying special solutions for conformally invariant operators (higher spin analysis), the connection with orthogonal polynomials (such as Gegenbauer and Jacobi polynomials) and the underlying symmetry algebra.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (Faculty of Science).
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in pure mathematics;
- You can submit outstanding academic results;
- Also students in the final year of their degree can apply;
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply;
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy;
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative;
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- The start date of scholarship will be October 1st 2014, November 1st 2014, December 1st 2014 or January 1st 2015;
- A monthly grant amount ranging from € 2.167,88 – € 2.486,53;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date August 10th 2014;
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel;
- The interviews will take place from August 18th until September 12th 2014;
- More information about the application form can be obtained from Robin Wynants (TEL 03 265 31 41);
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. D. Eelbode (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label ‘HR Excellence in research’.
Source: Email from David Eelbode, 15 July 2014, david.eelbode_AT_uantwerpen.be