From the ICCA8 homepage http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~icca8/index.html
The 8th International Conference on Clifford Algebras (ICCA8) and their Applications in Mathematical Physics will take place on 26-30 May 2008 under the auspices of IMECC – UNICAMP. ICCA8 will be a continuation of a 20 year old sequence of international conferences devoted to the mathematical aspects of Clifford algebras and their varied applications. Previous meetings took place at:
- University of Kent, Canterbury, UK, 1985
- University of Montpellier, France, 1989
- University of Gent, Belgium, 1993
- University of Aachen, Germany, 1996
- Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Mexico, 1999
- Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, USA, 2002
- Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France 2005
Some of the covered topics are:
- Clifford analysis: Dirac operators; wavelets, non-linear transformations; Harmonic analysis/Fourier analysis; Singular integral operators; Discrete potential theory; Initial value and boundary value problems.
- Geometry: Geometric index theory; Conformal and noncommutative geometry; Geometric integral transforms; Spin structures and Dirac operators; Twistors, tractors, and related topics; Invariant differential operators; Quaternionic geometry.
- Mathematical Structures: Hopf algebras and quantum groups; Category theory, structural methods; Quadratic forms, hermitian forms, Witt groups, Clifford algebras over arbitrary fields; Lie algebras, spinor representations, exceptional Lie algebras, super Lie algebras; Clifford algebras and their generalizations, Infinite dimensional Clifford algebras and Clifford bundles.
- Physics: Perturbative renormalization and Hopf algebra antipodes; Spectral triples and elementary particle physics; q-deformations and noncommutative spacetime; Quantum field theory using Hopf algebras and other algebraic techniques; Spin foams and quantum gravity; Quaternionic quantum mechanics and quantum fields; Dirac equation in electron physics; Electrodynamics; Non-associative structures, octonions, division algebras and their applications in physics.
- Applications in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering: Quantum computers, error correction, algorithms; Robotics, inverse kinematics, space control, navigation, cybernetics, image processing and engineering; Neural newtorks.
The preregistration is now open on http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~icca8/registration.html
The conference homepage contains further information on
- Visa, Customs, Currency, Climate
- Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Scientific Computation (IMECC) from the State University at Campinas (UNICAMP)
Further information on the conference fees, accommodation and deadlines is expected to be available on the conference homepage after May 31, 2007.